How to Help with the Restoration and Upkeep of the oldest African American Cemeteries in Florida
In-kind donations such as maintenance equipment, wheel-barrows, gardening tools, nylon-bristle scrub brushes, soft brushes, D2 biological solutions spray, spray bottles, 2 or 3 gallon-sized garden pump sprayers and etc.
Donate Your Time:
- Organizations, faith groups, clubs, schools and individuals can donate their time one weekend or more a year to help with the maintenance and upkeep.
- Organizations, schools, clubs, churches or businesses can help host fundraising events or help sponsor supplies and treats for clean-up events.
- A law firm and/or an accounting firm can donate their services and help the association move their mission forward as they try to work with the county.
- Tree trimming companies can donate their time to help with tree maintenance and removal. Help spread the word about the condition of Florida's oldest African-American cemeteries through word of mouth and share how to help.
- Use your social media accounts to bring attention to the needs of the West Augustine Improvement Association and their efforts to save the Pinehurst and San Sebastian cemeteries.
- If you know of someone, who might be able to help either via donation of time, services or funding, reach out and help connect them with Willie Cooper Sr.
- If you are a media organization consider featuring the The Pinehurst and San Sebastian cemeteries to help bring attention to the needs of these and so many other forgotten African-American cemeteries throughout the state and the country.
Become a Member:
Become a member of the West Augustine Improvement Association for a $10 annual membership fee.
Send a check made out to the West Augustine Improvement Association and mail it to: The West Augustine Improvement Association,
455 South Volusia St., St. Augustine, FL 32084
(You can use credit or debit card too)
Keep an eye out for our upcoming GoFundMe and Sponsor A Grave campaigns to raise money for replacing headstones at the cemeteries and for cemetery upkeep.
Follow on Social Media:
Following us, liking our posts and sharing our events will help us become more visible.
If you have any questions related to the cemeteries, about making in-kind donations, of if you need a donation receipt, please contact Mr. Willie Cooper, Sr. at Williecoopersr@yahoo.com or contact the West Augustine Improvement Assocation at: email@example.com.